This simple spinach soup is an easy recipe of homey comfort. Jogae Sigumchi Gook (jogae kuk)
takes less than thirty minutes, but it's delicious, flavorful, and full of nutrients and vitamins.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 20 littleneck clams (less if you are using large clams), rinsed and scrubbed
- 1 pound fresh spinach, rinsed with thick stems trimmed. Chop coarsely or keep leaves intact
- 5 cups water
- 4 Tbsp daenjang (soybean paste)
- 1 tsp myulchi karu (anchovy powder, myeolchi garu)*
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- Blanch spinach for 30 seconds in boiling water.
- Drain spinach.
- Put 5 cups of water into large pot over high heat.
- Add bean paste to water gradually, using a whisk to dissolve if necessary.
- Add anchovy powder*, garlic, and scallions to broth and bring to a boil.
- Add spinach and clams and cook until clams open. Remove from heat.